Infinite Blue 5.4 Private Cloud Release Highlights
Infinite Blue 126.96.36.199 has been updated to improve the customer experience with a brand-new lineup of features and enhancements making the application deployment even faster, more responsive and more delightful.
Here are the latest features and enhancements in the most advanced rapid application development, deployment, and management platform.
While giving the flexibility to choose the type of file storage intended by the customer, this enhancement provides facilities like improvised file storage capabilities, easy sharing, and access to files. The customers can now have their own choice of storage as Infinite Blue 5.4 supports three types of file storage i.e. Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure and Infinite Blue Local Cloud Storage.
The new file storage tab in the system console streamlines the process with its tree list UI and allows the administrators to choose the preferred storage type to store data while adding multiple file storages in Infinite Blue.
This new implementation gives you a feasibility to assign any type of file storage while creating a customer and move the entire file storage to another.
For detailed information on this feature, refer File Storages.
Despite the default Lucene search engine which was ideal for low-level access to the search indexes, it did offer a great full-text search library to add search functionality to a website or other applications. Infinite Blue 5.4 now supports adding an Elastic Server as a search engine which being a very powerful aggregation and allowing search within tons of custom analytics and reports. This offers a streamlined integration, an extremely fast search and filtering especially while dealing with large datasets.
The system console now shows the new search engines tab which simplifies the usage with its tree list UI and allows the administrators to add an elastic server over to the built-in lucene search engine. On top of the new implementation, this enhancement offers you better speed, flexibility, security, and scalability while adding multiple elastic servers in Infinite Blue.
This search enhancement gives you a feasibility to assign an elastic server while creating a customer and move the search index to a new search index (within same or another search server).
For detailed information on this feature, refer Search Engines.
With this release, Infinite Blue has enhanced the relationships where you can create them to link objects with each other more efficiently, with optimized cache management. This enhancement greatly improves performance and execution time to manage massive amounts of data. Customers also have the option to Validate Cardinality for an existing relationship or before establishing a relationship and Clean-up invalid relationship entries from the records..
For detailed information on this feature, refer Relationship Actions.
- Support for Google Apps: Google Apps support had an impact with the latest announcement on Google Plus which is about to shut down. To overcome this scenario, Infinite Blue 5.4 is now reconfigured to get integrated with Google Apps. For detailed information on this update, refer Enabling Google Apps for Infinite Blue Private Cloud.
- Hazelcast Cache Map Initialization: In hazelcast maps, few of the parameters were statically initialized via three cluster config XML files: master-cluster-config.xml, prod-cluster-config.xml, and cluster-config.xml, which were later overridden during run-time as the users encountered Out-Of-Memory (OOM) exceptions. To refrain from such exceptions in Infinite Blue 5.4, the complete initialization of hazelcast map or Set Parameters are being moved to run-time and the cluster config XML files are being modified while upgrading to 5.4. For detailed information on this update, refer Upgrading Private Cloud to Version 5.x.
- Data Maintenance Batch Jobs: Previously, all the records for data maintenance batch jobs used to run under a single transaction. While in Infinite Blue 5.4, the mentioned behavior was changed to have a single record against each transaction process. This determines that the connection and timeout parameters are no longer required to be drastically huge to process the entire data records by reducing it to suitable values that works per record.
- Support for Java 11 & Open JDK 11: To stay aligned with the latest announcement on Java 8 by Oracle, Infinite Blue 5.4 has now been tested and configured against the latest Java 11 & Open JDK 11 release while it is still compatible with Java 8. Please upgrade to Java 11 or Open JDK 11 for experiencing the productivity improvements.
Infinite Blue 5.3 Private Cloud Release Highlights
With latest features and enhancements to platform development capabilities, Infinite Blue 5.3 offers the advantage of vastly improving the user experience of a citizen developer.
Here’s a quick overview of the enhanced features and documentation in the Infinite Blue 5.3
Enhanced Loop Section in Custom reports
The drag-n-drop user interface of the Loop Section in Custom reports empowers the citizen developers to quickly and easily design multi-layered custom reports without the need to code. The drag-n-drop user interface comprises predefined data rendering patterns such as Table, Bullet and Number list. You can easily configure the loop section with any object or related object field(s) to design complex, multi-layered custom reports.
For detailed information of this feature, refer Custom Reports.
Record Validation on Multi-tabbed pages
Validation errors are highlighted for tabs with an error icon and is brought into focus automatically. This enables the end users to identify which field(s) on a multi-tabbed page has error(s).
For detailed information of this feature, refer Record Validation.
Related Object support for Expression Fields
The expression fields now aid an automatic evaluation of the field value on any related-object field update. This triggers the expression field update on selecting the related-object fields as configured by the admin. This offers a better command over the expression fields.
- Apart from the automatic evaluation, an admin can also force-update the expression field value from the field definition page.
- The expression fields are now in feature parity with formula fields. Hence, they can also be converted into formula fields and vice-versa.
- Expression fields can also be used in the View Filters and Color Code View.
For detailed information of this feature, refer Expression Field.
SFTP Support for Batch jobs
With the new Secure FTP support, you can highly secure the file transfers by configuring batch jobs. While defining, you can also configure the batch jobs by providing the SFTP server location with credentials. Infinite Blue currently supports the following types of batch jobs with SFTP configuration:
- FTP Data Snapshot
- Scheduled FTP Import
Introducing new APIs for Date and Date/Time Fields
The newly introduced APIs can get the Date and Date/Time field values in specific (ISO or User) formats. This provides better administration of the returned values.
The APIs targeted to enhance the Date & Date/Time fields are listed below based on homogeneity.
- Support for ISO Date and Date/Time formats in Client-side AJAX API using useISODateFormat parameter in options.
- Support the ISO Date and Date/Time formats in the response of REST API requests with Shared Properties UseISODateFormatInRESTJSON and UseISODateFormatInRESTXMLQuery
- The following are the utility methods under the Client-side AJAX API for Date and Date/Time format interconversion between User format and ISO format.
- The following are the utility methods under the Server-side API for Date and Date/Time format interconversion between User format and ISO format.
- Support for moment.js library included in the all the pages from Client-Side APIs can be invoked
- Support for useLegacyDateFormat in REST APIs has been discontinued.
Infinite Blue 5.3 includes the following minor enhancements in this release:
- New Shared Property SessionInfoLogEnabled (Default value: off) to log session creation and session deletion to the servlet context log.
- New Shared Property BootStrapVersion (Default value: 4.1.1) to act as a fallback value if no value is specified as per application level.
- New Shared Property ShowAttachButtonForGridControl (Default value: On) to toggle the visibility of the Attach button in a grid control.
- Optimized data translation cache and number of queries around RB_TRANSLATIONfor improved performance
- Optimized relationship cardinality checks during app install for improved performance
- Calculation of storage size per customer no longer includes log or backup directory size
- New field maxSystemBackups added to the customer object definition. This value overrides instance level value for MaxSystemBackup.
- Upgraded Bootstrap version 4.1.1 & latest Kendo versions.
- Added support for filter options to Text Area fields.
- Fixed sort clause to work with OESO objects.
- Composite primary key introduced on RB_RELATIONSHIP & RB_TRANSLATION table.
- Server API is now an admin role.
Infinite Blue 5.2 Private Cloud Release Highlights
While the set of new and enhanced features are designed to keep you attuned to Infinite Blue 5.2, the cool UI themes and navigational options aim at keeping you engaged with simpler and intuitive functionality. You can also look forward for an improved meaning while performing certain administrative tasks that are essential for your business.
Creating a new role from the existing roles
This new feature enables you to quickly create a new role by selecting multiple existing roles. When a new role is created in this way, it offers the benefit of acting as a super-set of the existing roles. This enables the new role to perform multiple functions because the new role inherits pages and a union of permissions from the selected roles. The admin creating this role can do this quickly without the hassle of losing time in detailed consideration of the required attributes.
For information on how to use this feature, see Creating and editing user roles.
As the name indicates, the PDF Annotator equips you with the ability to annotate a PDF file with greater flexibility in terms of performing the following vital operations from a Grid view page, Record details page, and Record edit pages:
- Inserting a new page at the end of the file
- Appending pages or another PDF file at the end of the current file
- Moving a selected page to the desired location in the file by changing the page number
- Removing selected page(s)
- Quickly navigating between previous /next pages
- Highlighting text
- Dragging or removing an added shape
- Adding text and format it (viz., bold, italic, font size, font family, font color)
- Adding your signature to the PDF and relocating it using the drag tool
- Deleting the page corresponding to selected thumbnail
- Saving the file
This feature is currently enabled only through a shared property IsPDFAnnotationEnabled=true, which is off by default.
Creating users without welcome emails
This enhancement empowers the Infinite Blue administrator to create users with specific roles and perform the required configuration for newly created users. An admin can test user configurations before sending the welcome email to the actual user. Send welcome email is available as a checkbox in Create/Edit user pages to disable/enable welcome email for the user account. Also, the mass-update option is available for the admin role, should they have the need to activate users and send the welcome email in bulk.
For more information, see Viewing and editing an object definition.
Grid Control enhancements
Grid control now offers added capabilities such as attaching existing records, option to choose to display field level help, and an edit icon for the added records.
- Attaching records: A user can now attach a record from the Grid control on record edit and create pages. The attached record can also be updated during the attach flow.
See Revised Grid control and Using a Grid control.
- Field-level help/tool tip: This is a new field level help setting. When enabled, the field-level help tool tips appear in both tabular and responsive grid controls. If this setting is disabled, the UI is rendered without the tool tips.
This setting will be enabled in the grid control configuration only if it is enabled in the app settings.
For detailed steps, see Configuring a grid control.
- Grid data: The Actions column now has an edit icon, which is always visible for a record. A similar change has been made for the Card view page as well.
Delightful Apps – UI Enhancements
Infinite Blue continuously strives for user interface improvements to enrich the end user experience. In this release, significant changes have been made to the Infinite Blue user interface. These changes are focused around better use of available real state, UI consistency, logical flow and grouping of links / buttons / menu and so on from a uscability perspective.
To achieve a greater intuitiveness, the App selector is now positioned more appropriately next to the Application name similar to the Traditional Blueprint for consistency.
Page Title Menu
A new icon for the Page Title menu launcher has been added for improved consistency. Here’s the screenshot:
The Record view page overflow menu icons and style has been made consistent in line with other menu options across the Infinite Blue platform.
LDF Tree Action
The LDF tree list is now available along with the Edit and Delete action buttons instead of in a menu. Each LDF record now has an Edit icon to edit an LDF record. To delete an LDF record, the user must select the row by clicking on the record. When performing this action, the “Delete” button in the toolbar is enabled. To delete the LDF records, the user must click the delete button and confirm the delete action.
Record View Page
The Record View page has been updated in the Modern Blueprint for a greater appeal. A button toolbar is now available to update the record flag status. When an object is enabled for flagging, the user can update the flag status from the Record view page.
As shown below, the Record View page design in mobile devices has been updated for improved usability.
Card Sort Dialog
The Card sorting dialog now contains fields from both the cards and the selected view. This helps the users to apply sorting for fields that are not part of card to quickly sort the cards in the mobile devices.
The Report link icon has been updated to make it appear consistent across the Infinite Blue pages.
Page Tool Menu
The Page Title menu has been enhanced with an option to display the relevant runtime context of the Tab. The “Object Definition” for the admin roles are moved and grouped under the Page Tool menu. The “Tab Definition” options for app developer users are moved and grouped under the Page Title menu. The Page tool menu is replaced with a simple button instead of icons.
For more information, see Viewing and editing an object definition & The Tab Options menu.
Live Preview has been renamed as App Preview and this functionality is now available as a menu item only under the Application Switcher. App Preview popup option too has been rearranged and logically grouped.
For more information, see Using the Application Switcher and App Preview.
Font Color configuration for Charts
A new property is now available to configure the base font color of the Fusion charts. This value must be chosen based on the chart background such that the text is clearly visible on the rendered chart.
Bootstrap Version Configuration
A new property has been added to the application settings to specify the bootstrap version that needs to be used at newui runtime for an application. Administrators can change this setting from the app edit page. All the supported versions are available for selection.