Infinite Blue is a global leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are in search of an Cloud Operations Engineer to join our expanding team.
The DevOps team is responsible for uninterrupted functioning of client production environments as well as various lower environments for development, testing and staging. The Cloud Operations Engineer role is part of the Infinite Blue DevOps team that supports, maintains, and manages Infinite Blue’s commercial SaaS solutions. This role’s responsibility will be to automate, support, operate and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure that powers all cloud offerings that includes ensuring the solutions are configured and operating securely. This role while is around cloud operations, has a focus on security and ensuring that security and compliance are focused on to meet the needs of the business in these areas and includes ensuring SOC 2 Type 2 controls are met in the SaaS environments. This role focuses on bringing ideas to continuously optimize cloud environments, streamline existing processes through software automation and enable increased functionality in the areas of observability, security and cost analysis. A successful Cloud Operations Engineer will be well-versed in a variety of technical applications for security, automation, observability, virtualization and orchestration technologies. This position requires superior documentation and communication skills and the ability to work on a team and cross functionally both within technology and across the different areas of the business.
This position requires some weekend and out-of-hours availability for on-call rotation, disaster recovery tests, Change Control, and project work.
This position is located in Collegeville, PA.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, build, maintain, document and automate technical processes and operations in AWS, eventually Azure that includes Kubernetes clusters using EKS.
- Manage live production and dev environments, ensuring system availability and scalability
- Perform platform, application(s) monitoring
- Perform patching of OS, monitoring/restoring backups and regular testing for DR/application recovery
- Implement and maintain end to end cloud security program and IT Security Policy
- Manage and ensure execution against SOC II Type 2 controls
- Building automation scripts, processes and tools where possible
- Work with and support various team members across the organization, including engineering, support, and as needed other business areas like sales, marketing, strategic accounts as it relates to infrastructure and security RFPs
- Estimate cloud usage costs and identify operational cost controls
- Administration of WAF (Fortinet), Alert Logic, LDAP, password vault, SFTP
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred, or the equivalent combination of training and experience AWS certifications – SysOps Administrator is desirable
- 5+ years of related information technology experience
- Experience with CLI and SDK/API tools from AWS (and eventually Azure)
- Understand network technologies with knowledge of OSI model network and transport layers – TCP/UDP/IP
- Understand security controls
- Experience maintaining SaaS applications
- Experience in analyzing and mitigating security related issues and threats
- Experience in using infrastructure monitoring and privileged access management
- Experience and/or willingness to learn the following tools: AWS EKS, Route 53, AWS RDS, ArgoCD, cloudFormation, eksctl, Helm, Grafana Loki, Sonatype Nexus Repository
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of agile development/SDLC processes and hands on participation in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives
- Experience in working in multiple time-zones/countries and rotating shift systems to align with business demands
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify and respond to unexpected or disruptive events
- Communicate and share knowledge with wider team so there is continuous learning and knowledge transfer across the team
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, end-user clients and various levels/roles of management
- Seek and acquire relevant and emerging knowledge and skills in developing and maintaining cloud-based products, services and security
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
- Understanding of security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Monitoring and auditing systems experience
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls)
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Infinite Blue provides a comprehensive low-code development platform and enterprise applications for the business continuity and disaster recovery industry. Infinite Blue is trusted by independent software vendors and enterprises across the globe. Infinite Blue Platform is at the heart of countless business applications running in a wide variety of industries worldwide. The Company was started in 2013, has grown over 250% over the past three years and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies.