Infinite Blue is a global leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are in search of a Senior Java Engineer to join our expanding team.
This engineer is a senior level position to help build a next generation technology platform. This individual must be extremely well versed in cloud-native, SaaS centric technologies. This individual must be capable of understanding architectural documents, performing detailed analysis, designing testable implementation solutions, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support tasks in all environments including production, with minimal supervision. This position requires interaction and deep coordination with other software engineers, architects, UX designers, etc., and as such, requires excellent communication skills and a strong team centric attitude. Additionally, this position requires a highly motivated self-starter, the ability to work independently, evangelize strategies on development practices, and to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement, test, maintain and support software, based on technical design and functional requirement specifications
- Design and develop software using Java and React technologies in a micro service event driven architecture
- Prepare technical design specifications based on functional/non-functional requirements and analysis documents
- Review requirements, analysis, and other design documents and provide feedback
- Ideate and contribute to technical direction and architecture
- Provide expertise, leadership and guidance for SaaS development methodologies
- Mentor and assist other development staff
- Investigate/prototype/POC new software development tools or other promising technology stacks; present demos and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Review code for engineering teams to ensure engineering excellence
- Help ensure all code produced is both testable and tested with high code coverage – passionate about quality and testing
- Assist customer support with technical problems and questions
- Control the CICD pipeline of your solution using a mix of potentially provided tools such as TeamCity, Argo CD, etc.
- Strong communicator: facilitation, written verbal and most importantly via listening
- No direct HR responsibility. However, Senior Engineers may be called upon to be team leads
Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience with React or other JS Framews, Typescript
- Experience implementing web-based systems as part of a microservice environment using Docker or Function as a Service (FaaS) platforms
- Experience developing with highly available SaaS applications
- Experience creating solutions in AWS
- Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
- Experience with complex software development projects using agile development planning and methods
- Swagger/OpenAPI/RAML first development – should be able to write an API specification using these tools
- Proficiency in RESTful Microservice design and construction with appropriate frameworks depending on preferred stack
- Polyglot level experience with more than 1 persistence technologies such as: PostgreSQL, mySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with SQL:2003 capabilities – window function
- Experience with distributed asynchronous reactive architectures – using async messaging to coordinate functionality between microservices
- An understanding of both normalized relational data modeling and potentially de-normalized no-SQL data modeling and the differences between
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning
- Ability to quickly analyze, organize, and abstract large amounts of information and to make decisions based on this analysis – creative solutions are welcomed
- Ability to influence and negotiate when faced with opposing views or resistance
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 7+ years’ experience in software engineering
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Or email us directly at email@example.com
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Infinite Blue provides a comprehensive low-code development platform and enterprise applications for the business continuity and disaster recovery industry. Infinite Blue is trusted by independent software vendors and enterprises across the globe. Infinite Blue Platform is at the heart of countless business applications running in a wide variety of industries worldwide. The Company was started in 2013, has grown over 250% over the past three years and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies.