Want to work on the cutting edge of business resilience technology? Can you explain complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately to a non-technical audience? Can you define strategy and drive it with organizational leaders and subject matter experts? If yes, consider joining us as a Senior Technical Writer on our Infinite Blue team!
Infinite Blue is a global leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are in search of a Senior Technical Writer to join our expanding team. As a Senior Technical Writer, you are a creator and a leader whose work plays a key role in customer success. You will be the first customer for new features and services, diving deep to understand how they work, then making it real for customers through content. You will be the voice of the customer whose insights drive the continuous improvement of the technical documentation and the services themselves.
The Senior Technical Writer will be working with our Product and Sales teams to develop a content strategy enabling internal and external stakeholders to further develop an understanding of how to use our products. This involves communicating through documentation and education to improve our stakeholders’ own business continuity and disaster recovery planning experience.
This position is located in Collegeville, PA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop, negotiate, and drive content strategy in alignment with engineering product strategy
- Translate content from the words of a specialist into something contextually relevant for the intended audience
- Collaborate with internal Product and Sales teams to create product documentation such as Release Read Me’s, Quick Start Guides, and Product User Guides.
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan content for major product releases and events
- Maintain an up-to-date library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use
- Be the first “customer”– providing technical feedback on new features and experiences
- Work with customer data, gather feedback and drive your insights into content and product planning
- A degree in English, Technical Communication, a related field or 3+ years’ experience editing technical content
- A clear and friendly writing style that produces high quality, professional artifacts
- Experience writing for developer and technical audiences – blog, product documentation, technical information
- Experience designing, planning, and delivering content projects
- Knowledge of technical writing principles, practices, and standards
- Experience editing technical and marketing content
- Experience creating technical user guides
- Experience working with software development teams in an Agile team environment
- Familiarity working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail and ability to self-edit
- Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing work
- Deadline driven
- Experience with cloud computing or web services
- Experience working on or closely with software development teams
- Experience using an XML-based authoring system
- Technical experience in a major technology area such as Compute, Storage, Serverless, Database, Developer Tools, DevOps, Security or IoT
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Experience working with XML, reStructuredText, or Markdown-based documentation systems.
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Infinite Blue provides a comprehensive low-code development platform and enterprise applications for the business continuity and disaster recovery industry. Infinite Blue is trusted by independent software vendors and enterprises across the globe. Infinite Blue Platform is at the heart of countless business applications running in a wide variety of industries worldwide. The Company was started in 2013, has grown over 250% over the past three years and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies.