Infinite Blue is a global leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are in search of a Software Architect to join our expanding team.
The Software Architect is a senior level position working with senior leadership to design and architect a next generation technology platform. This individual must be extremely well versed in cloud-native, SaaS centric technologies. They must be capable of defining architectural documents, performing detailed analysis, designing testable implementation solutions, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support tasks in all environments including production, with minimal supervision. This position requires interaction and deep coordination with other architects, software engineers, UX designers, etc., and as such, requires excellent communication skills and a strong team centric attitude. Additionally, this position requires a highly motivated self-starter, the ability to work independently, evangelize strategies on development practices, and to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Define technical direction and architecture for Micro Front Ends and supporting Micro Services
- Recommend technologies best suited for a problem and evangelize best practices and approach to that tech
- Provide technical design and functional requirements to engineering teams
- Review requirements, analysis, and other design documents and provide feedback
- Provide expertise, leadership and guidance for SaaS development methodologies
- Mentor and assist other development staff
- Investigate/prototype/POC new software development tools or other promising technology stacks; present demos and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Review code for engineering teams to ensure engineering excellence
- Help ensure all code produced is both testable and tested with high code coverage – passionate about Quality and testing
- Strong communicator: facilitation, written verbal and most importantly via listening
- No direct HR responsibility: however, this position may be called on to lead a team from a technical perspective.
- Experience in SaaS architecture; expertise in AWS, Azure nice to have
- Proficiency in TypeScript
- Proficiency in Cypress or similar testing framework
- Experience implementing web-based systems as part of a microservice environment using Docker or Function as a Service (FaaS) platforms.
- Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
- Experience with complex software development projects using agile development planning and methods.
- Swagger/OpenAPI/RAML first development – should be able to write an API specification using these tools
- Proficiency in RESTful Microservice design and construction with appropriate frameworks depending on preferred Stack
- Polyglot level experience with more than 1 persistence technologies such as: PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, DynamoDB, HANA, Redis, etc
- Experience with distributed asynchronous reactive architectures – using async messaging to coordinate functionality between microservices
- An understanding of both normalized relational data modeling and potentially de-normalized no-SQL data modeling and the differences between
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning
- Ability to quickly analyze, organize, and abstract large amounts of information and to make decisions based on this analysis – creative solutions are welcomed
- Ability to influence and negotiate when faced with opposing views or resistance
- Must be results oriented and customer focused.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 3+ years’ experience is software architecture with 7+ years’ experience in software engineering
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.