Infinite Blue provides a comprehensive low-code development platform and enterprise applications for the business continuity and disaster recovery industry. Infinite Blue is trusted by independent software vendors and enterprises across the globe. Infinite Blue Platform is at the heart of countless business applications running in a wide variety of industries worldwide. We are in search of a System Administrator to join our expanding team.
As a System Administrator, you will play a vital role supporting the organization’s IT needs with a focus on the systems and applications that employees and contractors use to run the business. This role requires the ability define more fully the system administrator and internal technical support functions within Infinite Blue as the company continues to grow; some administrative duties will include areas that will require work in the commercial technology and software operations as well. This is a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for formulating approaches to customer needs in a standard, scalable way. In support of our values, you will always follow through and aim to exceed expectations.
This position is located in the suburbs of Philadelphia in Collegeville, PA, and is not a telecommuter position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving hardware, software, networking issues when they arise
- System monitoring (health checks, log aggregation, on-call rotations)
- System patching
- Scripting for repeatability of processes and automation of tasks
- Laptop/Desktop (company cell phones and iPads) support
- Maintain VPN, Office Networks, 3CX Phone System
- Collaboration with Support/DevOps to resolve issues
- Participate in internal security reviews and assessments
- Interface with employees and third-party vendors as needed
- Document processes and knowledge needed to support and maintain business systems and applications
- Ensuring integrity of the systems and keep systems operating including managing backups
- Task management / Time boxing
- Work iteratively instead of producing the “gold-plated solution” on the first pass
- Balance research with asking for help
- Make recommendations on approaches and technologies considering needs and costs
- Decompose work into smaller tasks
- Willingness to work on problems outside comfort zone / domain knowledge
Technologies (but not limited to)
- Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Primarily Windows, but ideal to have some familiarity with MacOS
- Jumpcloud directory services
- Others: RADIUS, LDAP, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, others)
- Also, used by commercial development is technologies in AWS and Azure and experience with these public clouds may be required to provide additional assistance here as needed
- 3 or more years of system administration and IT support experience required
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and virtualization, specifically AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of networking technologies (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure and security
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.