Infinite Blue 5.9.0 Release Highlights
This section includes the new developments with Platform Version 22.214.171.124. Infinite Blue Platform 126.96.36.199 is bundled with enhancements and bug fixes. You will be able to reliably upgrade to 188.8.131.52 if you are on version 5.0 or later.
Here are the major changes:
1. Global Search Enhancement
The Global Search component enables global search in the Platform giving the users an ability to search through amorphous data, which could be millions of records lodged in a less conventional approach. With Platform 184.108.40.206 release, the global application search helps the users to search within objects of selected or all applications. This enhancement enables the admin to configure default applications for every search context, thus allowing the search result at par to the context of the selected applications.
For more information, see Application Search.
2. REST API 2.0
REST API v2.0 is now fully REST Compliant and adheres to the latest OpenAPI 3.0 standard using Swagger. REST API v2.0 in Platform 5.9 release represent a significant aim to enhance the capabilities by being bound with an enriched set of APIs to incorporate more improved functionality. REST API V2.0 comprises most of the Data APIs, Metadata APIs, System APIs and Admin APIs. Furthermore, the documentation for REST APIs 2.0 covers elaborated description for better understanding. Few APIs are marked as beta in this release, thus providing early access to the new functionality.
For more information, see Platform REST API 2.0.
3. PostgreSQL database support
While existing customers can still use the OpenEdge database where Infinite Blue has extended its support to use the PostgreSQL database. The key cause here as PostgreSQL being an open-source integration, it offers a robust capability in sync with the Platform 220.127.116.11, to deliver high performance and multitasking.
For more information, see Using Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL Server.
4. Third-Party upgrades
Infinite Blue Platform bundles up with multiple third-party dependencies. Now that these dependencies have been upgraded in the Platform 18.104.22.168 release to ensure improved quality and performance, thus preventing a risk from vulnerable or end-of-life (EOL) components.
- As Platform 22.214.171.124 is now fully REST 2.0 compliant, Integration names are a mandate for all the REST APIs. So, if any entities do not have an integration name, make sure to add them from the UI manually.
- To set a default view of the Search Results page using the detailed search component, you must modify the Search Results page from the object pages and then select the default list view page.
- To retrieve a given customer’s PROD and STORAGE component load status runtime information, new REST API has been introduced.
For more information, see getCustomerRuntimeInfo.